Our in-depth Theory Guides explore topics surrounding particle characterization and performing accurate measurements.
Guide to Choosing a Particle Sizer
This guide explores the considerations that must be taken into account when selecting a particle sizing instrument including:
- Size Range
Guide to Choosing a Zeta Potential Analyzer
Before you purchase a Zeta Potential analyzer, read our helpful guide to ensure you’re selecting the right instrument for your testing needs. This guide covers quantitative and qualitative factors that must be considered including:
- Life-cycle Cost
- Electrophoretic mobility range
Guide to Determination of Particle Size – Making an Effective and Reliable Measurement
In this guide, you will learn about best practices for determining particle size. Key areas covered include:
- The Importance of Particle Size
- Choosing a Particle Size Analyzer
- Step-by-step guidelines for determining particle size including visual, microscopic, and instrumental measurements
Guide to Proper Sample Preparation – Electrostatically-Stabilized Nanoparticles in Water
This guide reviews the necessary steps to ensure your sample is properly prepared for testing. You’ll find information on:
- Preparation of glassware, syringe, and syringe filter
- Preparation of diluent
- Preparation of latex standard for analysis
Guide for DLS sample preparation
In this guide, we’ll review the steps that should be taken to prepare your sample for DLS analysis. Topics covered include:
- Understanding DLS nomenclature
- Aqueous measurements
- Dry sample dissolution
- Liquid sample preparation
- Filtering the solution
What is a Particle?
Learn more about particles in our helpful guide. Topics covered include:
- Elementary vs. Fine Particles
- The Ideal Particle
- Targeted Drug Delivery with a Spherical Particle
- Spherical Agglomerates
- Other Globular Particles
- Non-spherical Particles
What is Particle Size?
This guide covers many aspects of particle sizing. Areas reviewed include:
- Length vs. Mass
- To Be or Not To Be a Sphere
- Spherical Geometry
- Equivalent Sphere Diameter
- Image Analysis
- Three Types of Radii
What is a Continuous Particle Size Distribution?
This guide reviews issues surrounding continuous particle size distribution. Topics covered:
- Differential Distribution
- Cumulative Distribution
- Which Distribution Should I Use to Best Present My Data?
What is a Discrete Particle Size Distribution?
This guide reviews issues surrounding discrete particle size distribution. Topics covered:
- Cumulative Distribution Tabular Format
- Cumulative Distribution Graphical Format
- Histogram of Frequency Distribution
- Plot of Frequency/µ vs. Size
- Plot of Fraction/µ vs. Size
- Which Discrete Distribution Should I Use To Best Present My Data?
What is Particle Size Distribution Weighting?
This guide explores topics related to particle size distribution weighting. Key areas include:
- Transform One Weighting to Another
- Relationship Among Transformed Distributions
- Warning Signs to Watch For
- Which Weighting Should I Use to Best Present My Data?
Still have questions? No problem!
Our team of expert scientists and engineers are standing by to answer your questions about particle characterization instruments