Reports to: Sales Manager
The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing support to the company’s customers, sales organization, engineering, and manufacturing teams. The Applications Engineer position is dynamic with duties including the analysis of customer samples, the development of content for marketing, and the development of training materials. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sales Manager but will also work closely with the sales team. The candidate will be based out of his/her home office and will be expected to travel on occasion.
- Provide our customers and sales team with application development, training, and instrument support
- Work closely with the sales team in new business development by performing the analysis of customer samples
- Provide installation and training to customers, distributors, and regional sales teams
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the company’s product portfolio
- Develop training materials and SOPs
- Develop content for marketing including application notes and white papers across multiple markets
- Work with product management in the development of new products including gathering voice of the customer input
- Maintain and update competitive analysis information
- Conduct webinars and seminars as needed
- Travel to visit customers and prospective customers as well as to the Company’s headquarters as reasonably requested by management
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology, or science related field
- 5+ years’ experience in an application support and/or technical support role. Will consider individuals with equivalent laboratory experience
- Experience with laboratory equipment for performing sample analysis. Must be able to make solutions and understand the safe handling of chemicals
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of light scattering instrumentation is highly desired
- Excellent communication skills: Able to take complex, technical information and tailor it to the level and experience of the audience
- Results oriented: Effective in time management to prioritize duties for completion in a timely manner
- Critical thinking and strong attention to detail: Has the ability to understand results from particle characterization experiments in to order to support our customers applications.
- Highly Adaptable: Possesses an uncanny ability to quickly learn new skills and methodologies as required by the project/task at hand.
- Teamwork: Listens and responds constructively to other’s ideas and proposal. Able to share his/her expertise with others.
- Must have a passion for science and an attitude of service
"*" indicates required fields